1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been researching Raw for awhile now and i had a few questions
1.) Can you mix raw with kibble?
2.) Is it ok to go raw with puppies?
3.) Any good books out there on raw diets?

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
It is not recommended to mix raw with kibble. Digestion rates and efficinecy are night and day when comparing the two. It's really hard and "confusing" to the body to keep going back and forth and back and forth. Honestly, just stick with just raw and you will be extremely happy with the results.

Raw with puppies is the best way to go. It provides a more stable and appropriate diet for growing puppies. It allows them more gradual grow and in the end that is better for bone and joint development. Two of our four dogs were raised on raw from the moment we brought them home, and the latest is a year old now and is a prime example of health. I definitely noticed a growth difference between kibble fed puppies and Rae fed puppies, the ones on raw don't go through growth spurts.

The only books that I have read and can recommend are Tom Lonsdale's books "Raw Meaty Bones" and "Works Wonders" the second one is a short version of the first one.

Read through this website:

Dedicated to proper carnivore nutrition - Prey Model Raw Feeding for Dogs & Cats

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Ive been researching Raw for awhile now and i had a few questions
1.) Can you mix raw with kibble?
It's not a good idea because of the differing digestive rates. You can feed one meal of kibble in the morning, and do raw in the evening, or vice versa, but in my experience you don't really ge the benefits of a raw diet without going totally raw. I think it's more of an all or nothing deal.

2.) Is it ok to go raw with puppies?
ABSOLUTELY! We just got a 12 week old cocker two days ago, and I didn't bring any kibble home with her whatsoever. I think raw is the BEST thing you can do for a puppy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts