Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that Harleigh has been on FULL raw :D

I'm so happy I decided to go full raw and all my "worries" about it were really nothing, like I knew they would be.

For one, Harleigh is absolutely LOVING getting raw instead of kibble. She gets so excited for breakfast and dinner (thats not new LOL). She definitely has enjoyed the switch ;)

Harleigh has SO much more energy (of course... I don't know if thats a good thing. EEK!) now than she ever has. When we went on our jog the other day, we did 31 minutes of jogging/walking and she was ready for more when we got done (I had to draw the line because it was already 85 degrees..) She just will go, go, go all day :D

Her hair on her legs and chest (except for her cowlick area:p) has grown back some and she isn't itching nearly as much. Before making the switch to full raw she had almost completely bawled legs and was pretty pitiful looking. Now, while its not 100% grown back, it is something and I'm happy about it.

Before:

Now(best one I have! lol):

Another thing that I am SO happy about is Harleigh no longer needs Honey in her food. We were using it because of her "local" allergies that she had, but since she's been on RAW completely she has had very, very few flare ups. I'm so happy about that... Not because I didn't like giving it, but because it shows me that this diet is working. :D

I don't plan to go back to kibble unless I absolutely have to, I've seen to much of a change with her. Plus, I think she would murder me if I switched her back :D

This was her yummy dinner tonight! She finally decided she liked Tilapia after I was given the suggestion of sprinkling Parmesan Cheese on it. This was her 2nd time having it and she gulped it right up.

So now we've tried Chicken, Beef, Pork, Turkey and Fish. We've got some Lamb out in the freezer that we'll try later on. She is definitely living it up :p lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
YAY Harleigh! Hannah loves her raw diet too and I love watching her eat. Now if only I can get my finicky cats to switch :confused:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
That is a great success story!!! I'm so glad that the diet is doing wonders for Harleigh, she totally deserves it. Keep up the good work :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Yeah Harleigh! Doesn't it make you feel good as an owner knowing your doing the very best by your dog! Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Great to hear this! She looks great!

Parmesan cheese, huh? Maybe it's time to re-visit the fresh fish thing with Ania.... I know a few more tricks now. :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
wow...yay.....

this is such great news...and a great success story....your baby looks great...and you must be very proud...

you're giving your best friend THE best, most awesome gift...the acknowledgement that she's a dog and should be fed like one.

do you feel so proud of yourself? you should!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts