Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6 yr old lab, Molly hasn't pooped in a couple days. She poops 2 times a day (morning and night). She's gagging occasionally but no vomit comes up. I noticed she is licking herself a lot more than usual lately and her vagina looks darker than normal. Should I take her to the emergency vet or just make an appointment for tomorrow?

She's acting like herself, really. Eating and drinking normally. Only weird thing is I got her a new bone and she hasn't touched it, usually she will spend all day on her bones. Oh, her breath has been bad lately too. I checked her teeth\gums and they all look normal.

Any natural remedies to try at home? I read about canned pumpkin, but I thought that was only if the dog has diarrhea.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Is her stomach hard and bigger than normal? If so, get her to the emergency vet ASAP; she could have bloat or a blockage, and time is of the essence.

With the licking, she could have a kidney/bladder/vaginal infection.

Canned pure pumpkin (NOT pie filling) can be used for both diarrhea and constipation, depending on how much is fed. A little bit helps firm up poo, whereas more will loosed it up.

I would get this dog to your vet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts