Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'm feeding my puppy lab fromms large breed puppy gold. My question is on tha label it says to feed my 3month old 2 1/2 cups a day.. Doesnt seem like alot if I am supposed to break that up into 3 times a day. But I know it could not mean 2 1/2 cups a feedin that is alot of food which she cant even finish.. Feeling stupid and lost for asking such a dumb question.. Could someone help please..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just feed 1 cup in the morning, 1/2 cup at lunch, and then 1 cup at night. :smile:

·
Banned
539 Posts
When my German Shepherd was about 4 months old I was feeding him 6 cups a food a day. I got pretty nervous and asked my vet about over feeding. He said as long as he was eating the 2 cups at each meal and not leaving then coming back, that was fine. But he also said not to let him get fat. He is 7 1/2 months now and doesn't eat that much anymore (only 5 1/2 LOL). My dog has gone through some big eating moments and some slim eating moments. I think it all comes down to when they hit a growth spurt.

I was feeding a mixture of Orijen and California Natural at that time so it wasn't like I was feeding him garbage food (open door).... Here some pictures of him.

http://3toestony.shutterfly.com/

·
Registered
210 Posts
Keep in mind that different brands require different volumes fed due to nutrient concentrations, caloric density, and mass density.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts