Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FDA Continues To Receive Complaints about Chicken Jerky Products for Dogs and Cautions Consumers PLEASE PASS THIS ON.....

Here is the link:
Preliminary Animal Health Notification - Chicken Jerky Products for Dogs

I have given these jerky "Chicken Fillets" to my pets because I thought it would be healthier than most other store bought treats, "100% Natural" but I looked on the container and sure enough "Product of China"
NO MORE CHINA FOR ME! Time to start making homemade treats.

I'm new to this and not sure if this article will be available for all members to view.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I have a food dehydrator. They are really not expensive. I dehydrate liver (pew stinky) and the dogs love it. Smells up the whole house but I know its good for them and I but nothing no additives in the liver. Also dehydrating your own chicken breasts is very easy cut and dry. So good for the dogs!
You can even do this in your oven which of course takes alot longer, but that dehydrater has come in so handy a nice thing to get when you have pups. or even if you like to do your own fuit whatevr its great!
Thanks for the warning. Good tip!:smile:

Reactions: AMonkey

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a food dehydrator. They are really not expensive. I dehydrate liver (pew stinky) and the dogs love it. Smells up the whole house but I know its good for them and I but nothing no additives in the liver. Also dehydrating your own chicken breasts is very easy cut and dry. So good for the dogs!
You can even do this in your oven which of course takes alot longer, but that dehydrater has come in so handy a nice thing to get when you have pups. or even if you like to do your own fuit whatevr its great!
Thanks for the warning. Good tip!:smile:
I've been thinking of getting one. Thanks for the reminder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts