Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bailey goes absolutely nuts over her Wednesday dinner consisting of: Fish (either: mackerel, sardines, trout, salmon, etc.), Liver (pork, beef, or chicken), and Eggs

She waits there drooling starring at me preparing it and then sprints full speed over to her eating spot, it's kinda funny. Not that she doesn't love everything else, this meal is her crack! :biggrin:

Anyone else?

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Yeah. the dogs had their fish meal this morning, sardines, salmon and some beef liver mixed with some kelp, I don't always mix in the egg as I can't stand the dog farts all day!:eek:
They love them some fish.................:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Beef is Flip's favorite...so far. He really really really likes it.
Jack likes fish, just the same as your guys. :)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I haven't had any experience with anything other than chicken backs, chicken quarters, and gizzards and hearts. Amaya didn't like the gizzards and hearts. Other than that, they go NUTS at feeding time. It's like they forget all of their commands in the rush to get to the last one first to get their food quicker. haha.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I like chicken quarters because of the cost and ease of use and beef heart because of the nutrition. The dogs love it all. They particularly love beef heart and pork roast. Both those meals last about 15 seconds(except for the time chewing the bone in the pork roast).

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
The dogs love it all about equal. The only thing the despise is organs, except the garbage-disposal puppy who will eat anything.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
My dogs love everything I feed them but they get more excited over "different" things like when they get cow tongue every now and then or the stuff they only get once a week like beef heart, fish, eggs, and liver. They do seem to really really love the fish though.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Annie adores whole talapia. She lays in the grass licking it for like ten minutes, then she takes it behind a bush and rips it apart. It's the one meal she "plays" with. Chesney had lamb for the first time this week, and it's the only meal she will actually turn her back to the other dogs if they're too close.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
My dog absolutely adores lamb and pork. It sucks to be her because lamb is so expensive here. She only gets it when its on super special at only $4 a lb. Beef comes in third. Chicken only if she's on the verge of starvation. Fish nah, liver no way...

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
It sucks to be her because lamb is so expensive here. She only gets it when its on super special at only $4 a lb.
Holy smokes! I'd never be able to feed it at that price. I pay $1.59 for lamb here, and I feed it once per week.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Totally agree. I don't have a clue why its so expensive here, although most of it seems to be imported from NZ or Aussie. I haven't been to Sam's or Cosco as they are a bit far away to make it worthwhile, but maybe it's cheaper there.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Have you checked out any of the raw feeding co-ops in your area? They probably have lamb available.

·
Registered
718 Posts
My dogs mostly eat pork and chicken but hands down, they love beef the most. They don't get it very often because it's usually too expensive to be a regular thing. Plus, they still can't digest it as efficiently as pork and chicken so it's easy to give them too much. But they occasionally get a meaty beef rib bone or the trimmings from steaks I'm cooking for the family and they love it.

They also love turkey tails. They don't like turkey so much, mostly I think because it's hard for them to eat (both my dogs are pretty small). But they love turkey tails, which I split with a cleaver and give them half each every now and then.

My little male also loves duck wings. I often find these cheaper here than chicken wings so every now and then I'll buy them a package of duck wings and dole them out over a 3 or 4 day period. They both like them but the male loves them.

The only thing both of them seem to universally despise if fish (any kind) and organ meat. I've solved the organ problem by making jerky out of it (liver, kidney, spleen, etc.) which they seem to like. But they won't touch raw organs or fish of any kind (cooked or raw). I'm working on it though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts