Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday after work I had to bring my pup back to the Vet to make sure her tummy problems cleared up. Good news is she has been "Cleared" to stop eating the Hill Prescription Diet I/D, which I have been slowly removing from her diet and replacing with Orijen anyway so I only plan for her to have to eat that stuff for another few days before she is fully on Orijen.

My wife and I both used to work from home, and Macchi got very used to us being around all the time. We now both have to go to an office into work because of promotions. Macchi hates when we leave and freaks out.

The vet said we should try this thing: Farnam Comfort Zone Diffuser .

Has anyone tried these out before? Positive results? Amazon reviews look to be split 50/50 so I might just order one and see what happens.

And just to make sure, this isn't bad for my dog right? I don't want it to give her the Beneful of diffusers lol:tongue:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
They're okay, I have heard success stories with clients, and I have also heard they didn't do squat.
I guess it depends on the dog.

The cat version seems to work more consistently.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I tried the DAP diffuser with Delilah, who has separation anxiety, i didn't notice any difference- but i only gave it one month.

Last week I bought a calming collar (from walmart) it looks like a flea collar but supposedly contains pheromones. Still, not sure if there is a difference but i figure it can't hurt. I really need to get out the webcam again and see what she's like when I'm gone.

I'm a student so I only work 8 hours a day for 2 or 3 days a week- those days I give her a couple benedryl to help calm her. I think this has helped more than anything to break the anxiety cycle. It's been a long time since she's peed in the house, but she still tries to break out of the kitchen and paces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts