Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I went to this charity dog walk in Salt Lake City, UT, and they had a million vendors handing out samples of a bunch of crap I'd never use or give my dog.... anyway, one of the vendors was for John Paul, a dog grooming product line made by one of the guys that does Paul Mitchell. (for people) Anyway, I thought it was kind of gimicky and didn't think anything of it. Today, the dogs had an absolute ball in the manure we were using for the garden.... and they needed a bath. I ran out of the shampoo I usually use on them, and this dumb little sample was all I had left so I used it.
I love it. I absolutely love it. I spend a lot of money making sure the boys have shine to their coats, and even all the natural shampoos I've use seem to strip the oils too much for my liking. Not this one. Also, Champ seems to itch only after baths, every shampoo I've ever use irritates his skin for about a day. Not this one.
Anyway, long, pointless story short, if you're looking for a shampoo, John Paul oatmeal shampoo is uber fantastic. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Good to know! i always thought it was a stupid marketing gimmick too

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, and as I typed it I thought to myself "no one is going to care about this. I wouldn't even read this thread." But when I find a really good pet product, I feel the need to at least attempt to share.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Great tip! I have tons of shampoos at home and two of my 4 dogs itch also after baths and my one also has flaky dandruff on her! so I am going to give this a shot! Great tip thanks!:smile:
Ahhh I see you can get it at Petco YEAH!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Thanks......I'm always looking for a soap free or hypo allergenic shampoo and I don't wash the dogs all that often so I don't mind paying a little more if they dont' itch after I wash them. Especially Chelsy, she's little so I can pay a little more for a good shampoo for her. I'll check out a bottle....

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
We've been using Perfect Coat Tearless Protein Shampoo (with Chamomile) on Zio. It's especially effective when he's decided that he simply CANNOT resist rolling in armadillo dung. :tongue: (What is is with dogs and animal crap? Ewww!:eek:)

Meanwhile, since he's a GSP, the usual brushes are ineffective on his fur. Through other sources we found that the rubber curry glove they use on horses is VERY effective. Also costs a pittance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts