Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has an account?

I do, and I'm an addict.

Now that I have added a few of the members on here to my friends and have gotten to know them a bit more from their profiles...I thought it would be nice for all to have that chance to put faces to names.

I know that privacy is an issue for some, and I respect that. But facebook can and is limited to people who you let into your friends list.

I personally think that FB is a great tool for keeping in touch with people. Sharing photos and updates about what is new in your life, as well as the chat feature.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
No hard feeling at all. I think a lot of the people on Chaz have issues they need to work on though. I never went over there thinking I was going to force my beliefs on anyone. I tried to start a conversation much as we'd have over here (or like I do on DanesOnline) but the lovely people of Chaz in their high and mighty destroyed any chance of that.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If ya'll have no hard feelin toward me from Chaz (i tried not to be an ass) i have 2 accounts but i like to keep most pet stuff on the one that has my dog's name (it basically just has pet people and tons of pictures on it.

We would all be very lonely if we didn't speak to anyone we had a minor disagreement with...so of course no hard feelings! :biggrin:

L

·
0 Posts
I'm on FB and have already connected with Natalie. (Still awaiting Jon's friend acceptance, though!)

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Guess I should have added a link to my page...like you will all see, I have blonde hair LOL

Natalie Sinton | Facebook
Well, you'll be a hit with my son with that picture on your facebook page....he's a major Avalanche fan! We were in Denver for some hockey tryouts this spring for him.....loved it there! I'm just trying to convince my husband that Colorado is for us.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Well, you'll be a hit with my son with that picture on your facebook page....he's a major Avalanche fan! We were in Denver for some hockey tryouts this spring for him.....loved it there! I'm just trying to convince my husband that Colorado is for us.
He'd probably REALLY love the pics of me playing air hockey with the players and getting autographs :biggrin:

What's there to convince? We have more sunny days per year than Florida. The winters are very mild compared to MANY other snowy states.

If you need help, let us know :wink:

·
Banned
620 Posts
I think is a good site, I play a lot of scrabble and yacht on FB. I graduated college in 1984, and I hooked up with about 30+ people from the old college fraternity. Now, I have over 200+ friends on FB. Most all from work except for college friends and 1 high school friend (class of 1980). Also met a friend growing up as a child outside of Philly, who I have as a FB friend. I have a few family members and cousins. Now I don't mean to sound like a snot here, you are all very nice people, even though we have had our spats here and there. I would like to and would hope to think each and everyone here as a friend. That goes for the people I have PO’ed like Wags, Jon, Nat, RFD, Suzie, etc, etc. Notice I have been behaving myself and staying completely out of any and all aspects of the nutrition threads. I just noticed Wags attempt to bring the corn thread back to life, but I am not taking the bait. I am out of nutrition for the time being, quite possibly for good. It's just like quitting anything, the longer you go the easier it gets to continue to stop...

Getting back to FB, like I mentioned, hate to sound like a snot, but it is something for people I actually do know in a real life basis. Everyone on my friends list is an actual person I know in real life, someone more than just an acquaintance as well. I check with that person in real life...hey I saw you on FB, mind if I click on your name and add you in... To me, FB is something reserved for that, people that I actually do know in real life, people that I have spent time with, etc. Not that I wouldn't like to have interaction with folks here on FB, but I do think there is something to be said about reserving
something for people you know on a real life basis.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FB is what you make it. I feel that if I know someone, even if I haven't met them in real life, that they can be apart of my life. I feel that I know some of the people on here better than some of the people in my family, but they are on my friends list. I just figured it would be nice to get to know each other a bit better, but it is what you make it.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts