Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm starting to notice those eye booger/goobers every morning
and throughout the day as well. What does that mean? Need I be concerned?
Look forward to feedback... this site has been a huge help!! Thanks people!!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
It depends....

What color are the eye boogies?

Have you changed food lately?

Are allergens in season where you are located?

Has your dog gone anywhere new lately?

Have you boarded your dog lately?

Anything different that you can think of?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
So i'm starting to notice those eye booger/goobers every morning
and throughout the day as well. What does that mean? Need I be concerned?
Look forward to feedback... this site has been a huge help!! Thanks people!!
Because our dog has seasonal allergies, at this time of the year we give him benedryl (antihistamines) twice a day. It stopped his runny, red eyes.

So, as
danemama08 suggested, it might be allergies.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Or he could have been exposed to kennel cough and the only symptom that your dog got was eye boogers.

Reactions: adamscottb

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Chelsy has bad seasonal and locational allergies. Her eyes were fine out west and in the winter but in the fall and spring in NC, they produce vast quantities of eye goobers and actually seal her eyes shut. Benadryl doesn't help and she gets prescription eye medicine and allergy medicine from the vet. It clears up in the winter and summer.

As long as you are feeding a high quality food, I would check with the vet about trying an allergy medicine for a week or two. This spring is supposedly high pollen across the country.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Both of my labs have this and it tends to be in the morning . Not alot though. I think its allergies. I am sneezing now and have itchy eyes and I started on allegra! So 'eh I wouldn't think its anything worth worrying about at all! Just annoying!

Reactions: adamscottb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Boogers" are clear/white very small amount. Same food as usual(orijen salmon), no new places, never been in a kennel, but it is spring time in southern california after a lot of rain, so lots of blooming going on. Ruthie is a lab, almost 5 years old and weighs about 72 lbs. Thank all of you for the piece of mind!!!!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Sounds to me like seasonal allergies. If her goobies were green or yellow then there would be something wrong. You can get eye flush to clean out his eyes two times daily if you notice it getting worse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts