Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am right now feeding two of my four dogs Merrick BG Before Grain (female 4 year old chocolate lab) the Buffalo one and the one dog (ori pei male 1year 4 month year old) gets EVO the turkey one now it seems to me that I know they are high in protien how long of a time does it take for their systmes to adjust to this new food. I transistioned them properly with adding small amounts to their old food which was Wellness chicken the superfive mix, which my other two dogs still like but the problem is the gas effect. Its my goodness clear the room or breathe the methane its horrible! But I do have to admit the one eating the merrick BG buffalo loves this and she (chocolate lab) has the stinkiest Gas ever! The one who is eating the EVO (Ori~pei) is ok with it not as fond as I thought he would be!
Oh well I also do put the either low fat or fat free vanilla yogurt with this in the evening for them! Now their stools are fine no problem there but the stinky odor is just getting really bad. I am wondering though is its the high protien content in the food and if I need again to make a changeto another food? Well my ori pei goes to the vet tonight his regular check up he turned a year this past december so rabies shot and then the blood test for the heart worm pills you know the ususal yearly vet check but I will ask the vet also! Do you think for the lab plus the ori pie that it could be too rich of food?

·
Registered
333 Posts
i've read that it takes the dogs some time to get used to it. my puppy had pretty bad gas as I transitioned her to EVO but shes completely fine now.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have gone thru 1/2 the bags and things were getting I thought better but pew again not so good! I thought it was because it was alot of protein but then again like I -said thought it was getting better but now again bad I am though going to stick with this and see if it actually does get better like you say FINGERS CROSSED! Oh and I went to the vet with my one yesterday and UGH I had written a few notes on what to ask and of course I forgot to ask about the food!!!!!!!! Ah chalk that up for note writing haha! Forgot to write it on the note haha! Oh well we will just keep buying those yankee candles until they get acclimated to the food!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts