Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have been giving my pup dinners of chicken legs, beef stake and something my butcher sells as raw dog food!!

The raw dog food is basically frozen minced up everything that they can not sell heart, lung etc. Becka goes mad for the stuff to the point where I have to take her out of the kitchen when I am defrosting it.

My question is how much should I use it. From the finances point of view it is 50 cent / lb so if it is worth using its good on my wallet.

any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I would probably buy that mince stuff from the butcher on occasion, maybe as a supplement to big meaty bones. :)
When stuff is minced up like that they do not get the full benefit of tearing/chewing/crunching, however the price is right and the mince probably has a lot of variety in it.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I agree. I don't see a problem with incorporating minced things like that from butchers if the price is right. I personally prefer to feed whole meats, bones, and organs and prefer to know exactly what's in them... but hey, if it makes adding in red meat sources affordable, and your dog is loving it, why the heck not?!
That being said, I probably wouldn't make it the majority of the diet, but a couple times a week, sure.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. That is kind of what I was hoping for, as I need to buy some stuff from them to keep getting my free supply of bones and chicken carcasses :). In general their meat is out of my price range to feed the family (pup included).

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I would find out if there is any organs in there like liver, cause that would take care of that nutrient.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts