Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone thing about them? Esp compared to their 100% meat classic line?

VS.

Also how do they compare to Evo canned, which I assume is considered the top canned meat food here, if I'm not mistaken.

I still think the best canned supplemental food is Trippett, but I digress. I bought several cans of the Evangers game meats, and my boy loves them. I usually mix it in with the dry and some trippett.

I also wanted to let everyone know that the trippett does really help clean teeth. I was shocked that only after a few weeks of feeding it to him, you can see the upper portions of his canines turning from a brown tint to a semi-white.

L

·
0 Posts
I think Evangers canned is superior quality and I do feed it to my dogs. The "Hunk of Beef" and "Whole Chicken Thighs (with bone)" are our favorites, as well as "Roasted Drummet Dinner (with bones)." I also feed the Beef and Bacon and 100% Beef. I'm pleased with the quality and the knowledge that my dogs are getting good food. To me, it is well worth the money. This is the ONLY canned I offer, except for Before Grain's Green Tripe.

·
Banned
539 Posts
My dog loves this stuff. Open a can of the Hunk of Beef, the smell blew me away, I almost stuck a fork in it and started eating. But there was a lot of fat in it. I liked and my dog really liked the Duck, Rabbit and Pheasant. I got the feeling dogs would be eating these critters in the wild. I also liked the fact it was 100%, I know it is still processed and lost most of what he would have gotten out if it, if it was raw. Gotta go back to work, ugh.

But whats a guy to do, I guess I could get some of that super food, Abady....

·
Registered
718 Posts
I bought some of this for the first time yesterday, once can of Evanger's 100% Rabbit, and once can of 100% Venison. I feed raw but I'm looking for a carrier to feed my dogs their heartworm medication, which they have universally rejected so far as described in this thread...

http://dogfoodchat.com/forum/dog-health-issues-question/1862-heartworm-medication-options.html

I'm going to try this stuff before I completely give up on their current brand of HW meds. Besides I have about 4 months worth to use and I hate to see it go to waste. I'll post the results of if and/or how much they like this food once I let them try it.

You can't argue with the ingredient list. It's meat and water, no salt, preservatives, or anything else. I don't normally feed cooked meat to my dogs but if this stuff is fragrant enough to cover up the smell of the HW medication and they eat it, I'll give it to them once ever 30 to 45 days. We'll see.

Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts