Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jon and I won't be bringing our rescue dog home. Ever.
We were actually going to go get him tomorrow, and today, the family decided that they want to keep him, so that's what's happening.
It's just not fair. They were ready to kick him to the curb as of yesterday, they don't deserve him. Jon offered to get me a puppy, but I don't want a puppy. I wanted Taco. This is now the second time he's slipped through my fingers, and I can't quite put the disappointment into words.
I am afraid this might be the last time I attempt to rescue an owner surrendered/ owner fostered dog... ever.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have their information, and I doubt the rescue will give it to me. From the sounds of it, it's a pretty done deal. They said they'd be "more than happy to discuss some of the other dogs they have, even some blind ones!" but Taco is out of the picture.
I know i should feel happy that he's not going to have to go through being rehomed, but in my mind, they just don't deserve him. They were ready to kick him to the curb.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know why they were getting rid of him in the first place?
They were part of the "divorced people can't have pets" parade.
Now the mom wants to keep him so her son doesn't have to go through the divorce and losing the dog at the same time.

I'm really annoyed, because in my mind, the minute they enrolled him to the rescue, he became SDSR's dog... and the minute they said "congratulations, he's yours!" he became my dog. With the process that advanced, they shouldn't have the option to back out like that. AND, it annoys me because they were obviously not committed to him five seconds ago.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that just sucks big time!!! Why do they get you all hyped and then say no? Not fair at all...
It was more than hyped up.. he was promised to me

We are all agreed that you are absolutely the perfect home for him and we are thrilled that you will be getting him ... Congratulations!
sounded like a pretty done deal to me. :frown:
I have a bed, a crate, a blanket I made, everything, all set up. I went in my bedroom to take it down and look into return policies, and couldn't even stand it. I haven't gone in my bedroom at all since then. I can't even look at it. I don't know what I'm going to do when this huge petedge order comes in tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I'm so sorry Linsey, but I do believe things happen for a reason, even if it isn't clear right now some day it will be.

Reactions: CorgiPaws

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm so sorry you didn't get Taco.

Maybe it would make you feel better to look at it from the little boy's perspective, his parents are getting divorced which is never easy for the kids, at least he gets to keep his dog. He'll have something stable from his old life to rely on and a friend to snuggle with. It's not like the boy had a hand in the decision to rehome his dog. :frown: Maybe the parents don't deserve him but the boy might really need him right now.

I know it must be hard for you too though, maybe just visiting a shelter and playing with some pups, whether you feel like adopting right now or not will help :)

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I'm really sorry you had to go through this, it was completely unfair for them to do this to you. But as g00dgirl said, maybe this will be better for their boy and hopefully less confusing for Taco. I still think your home would be the best, most stable and loving place for him ever though :frown:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry that happened to you. I hope you will be able to get over that letdown. But also maybe the little boy does need him. But it's hard when your counting on something and it falls throught. I feel like they had already said he was your you should have gotten him even if they were having second thoughts or third thoughts from the sounds of it. Sorry

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm trying to see the positive... it's just a pretty fresh wound. I would have understood if they had told me when I submitted the application that they can't let him go, but that's not how it went.
I was told he was mine. At that point, I feel like there's no turning back on their part, he was no longer their dog from that moment on. I've been a mess all day. Jon keeps saying we can just get another dog or another puppy, but that's not the point.
Worst day I've had in a long time, on top of losing Taco, my grandfather (who is my father figure in my life) went into the hospital today, and I'm a total wreck over that.
Sorry to use the forum to vent, I'll stop now, I just feel like everything is falling apart and I can't fix any of it.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
^^^ No reason to be sorry about venting here...I see this as a pretty close social network and that everyone is here to support each other through things....and this just happens to be one of those things. I am sorry for the situation, but just try and keep your chin up!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Vent away, that's what friends are for, to listen.

Even e-friends!

I hope it all starts looking up soon, and that grandpa is going to be alright too.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
And you tried so hard to fight for this pup! These People are wishy washy!:mad: That is too bad for the dog and you! Seems like these folk really dont want the dog when they finally decide to get rid of it now they want to keep it! I wonder why? Seems pretty strange to me! I want the dog I dont want the dog! These people just cant make up their minds! How sad.:frown: sorry to hear this news!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts