Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I finally hit my limit on dogs in the house. Brandi, Kadin, Lacey-Lou, Sonny, Ellie, Ginger, Hunter and Alex are all staying at the Lakeland Sheltie Resort and Spa. This hotel provides personal sleeping arrangements with eight covered crates throughout the living room and dining room. It also provides eight special meals for each dog's personal dietary needs. The resort also provides clean bedding for everyone at least once a week and baths and grooming for everyone on an extended stay once month. Not to mention the special attention given when meds are required to be administered to certain individuals.
Alex has a short reservation. He will only be staying with us one week. Then he will be going back home to his folks on December 28 when they come back from their trip North to visit relatives in Pennsylvania.

Brandi, Kadin and Lacey-Lou are of course permanent residents here at the Lakeland Sheltie Resort and Spa. Sonny, Ellie, Ginger and Hunter are their guests and current playmates. Sonny and Ellie may have permanent homes to go to after the first of the year. Little Hunter is scheduled for surgery after Christmas to repair his hip joints which are causing him a great deal of pain. The poor baby will be in rehab for months! But he's between 3 and 4 years old and once this is done he'll live a nice long and happy life with someone who loves him.

I can't think of a better way to spend my retirement than helping the breed of dog I love so much. The motto of our rescue is The Dog First... and that's what we do we put the dogs first over anything else we might want to do. It's a labor of love and one that is much more rewarding than any other activity I can do with my time.

Hugs to all

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh boy-we've had a house full (overly full) at times also. Sometimes I'll end up staying home to watch the dogs when the wife goes out of town to a dog show or something & she'll go with a friend who will leave a few of her dogs to stay at our house while they're gone, we'll also keeping a foster or two for a while. We have lots of crates we keep in a trailer or in the garage if needed & we'll put some of them inside where we need them-a couple in the den-couple in the bedroom or where ever. Our own dogs of course get the run of the house & sleeping priveliges, visiting dogs get to pick their favorite crates. They all get plenty of time outside to stretch their legs & play together. I think we had 13 dogs at one time for 5 days (5 were our own), at the time I was home on vacation alone with them-slept on the couch & bed with some of them (Irish Setters, Doberman, Lab, Terriers). Right now we share the house with a peaceful 4 setters.:smile:

L

·
0 Posts
I'm friendly with a middle-aged woman who lives alone, near me. She has 16 dogs. Yes, 16. She works full-time so the younger dogs are crated most of the day. She has all kinds of dogs, but I think most of them are of the Hound variety. Once she had to have surgery on her hand because she injured it pretty badly when breaking up a huge dog fight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts