Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eggs are good for a dog, right? What nutritional value do raw eggs have for a dog??

Do I give him the eggs with the shell and all, or do I have to crack them?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Eggs are good for a dog, right?
Yes

What nutritional value do raw eggs have for a dog??
An egg is complete nutrition. Remember it nourishes a baby chicken from conception to hatching.

Do I give him the eggs with the shell and all, or do I have to crack them?
All the above is your choice depending on what your dog will eat. I have fed them all those ways. In an uncracked shell seems to always stump my dogs. They can't figure it out. If offered, sometimes they will eat the shell, sometimes not. They always eat the insides.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give it a try with the shell first. Hope my dog doesn't look at me like I'm insane or something!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
My dogs only chew up & spit out the egg shells so occasionally I crush them to a powder & add to the raw egg so they can get the added benefit of natural calcium.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I always crack the shell and open the egg on the kibble, then throw the shell in with it. Sometimes I will mash it all up with a fork. Both the egg and shell are extremely good for dogs.

My dane doesn't seem to be too nuts about the shell, though. But she goes ape for the egg itself.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been softboiling eggs for Lucy - seems to go over well! I actually do that to a whole dozen at a time and leave them in the fridge. She gets one or two before bed as a snack if she hasn't had a marrow bone or has had an especially active day.

She spits the shell out unless I mash it up. I'm thinking of seeing if my parents still use their coffee grinder, because then I could just turn the shell into powder.

does anyone limit yolk intake because of all the potassium?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts