Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
....awesome racks of elk ribs for the girls! I was rudely awakened early this morning by 7 crazy, bouncy dogs. So the good girlfriend that I am, went out into the living room to give Jon his beauty sleep. Received an email from one of the local raw feeding groups about two whole racks and the neck of an elk available from a local game processor. I jumped on it like an early bird on a worm! And we got em! WOOHOO! Over 100 pounds of all natural goodness, best part was it was ALL FREE!!! We also went and picked up 5 large turkeys from another lady for free too, so not to bad of a score today. If we factor in the cost of gas we only spent about $20 on it all!

We decided to let all the girls eat from it together like a wild pack of dogs and it went great! A few growls here and there, but they handled it like a real pack. It was one of the greatest things to watch...I LOVE feeding raw to my girls.

The looks we got from people driving by were priceless! Even one of the local dogs (a lot of stray dogs in our neighborhood...) came up to the fence looking for some meat, so I cut some off and tossed it out, probably one of the best meals of that dogs life!

Comparison shot of Bailey next to the ribs. She probably weighs only 10 pounds more than both chunks put together:

The left overs...we decided to take them off of it and save it for another day. They were all "puffy" anyways:

Now they are all passed out in a food coma. Life is good!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Oh man!!! I am so jealous! I would love to be able to do that for my dogs! I am keeping my fingers crossed to come across something really awesome like that this hunting season. What GREAT pics.! I can tell the girls are in heaven. Thanks for posting those up! :biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Oh my!!! I love the tug-of-war between Shiloh and Bailey! It got me laughing! I can tell they were really enjoying themselves (and so were you two)! :biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Shiloh <3

That was fun to watch!
Thanks for posting.

Reactions: DaneMama
1 - 20 of 23 Posts