Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me introduce myself my name is Andrew. I've been raising apbt's my whole life or at least as long as I can remember and whether its my breeding stock or my rescue dogs i only want the best for them...

So when i heard about this dog food Eagle Pack I had some questions.
Its make up is similar to that of members mark exceed which was not all
that great for me, but on all the comments people swear by it, that it is one
of the best dog foods they have ever used.. what's your take on it, any reviews on this dog food would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Banned
620 Posts
First let me introduce myself my name is Andrew. I've been raising apbt's my whole life or at least as long as I can remember and whether its my breeding stock or my rescue dogs i only want the best for them...

So when i heard about this dog food Eagle Pack I had some questions.
Its make up is similar to that of members mark exceed which was not all
that great for me, but on all the comments people swear by it, that it is one
of the best dog foods they have ever used.. what's your take on it, any reviews on this dog food would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Marketed heavily to the sled dog crowd but don't be fooled by that and think it must be great stuff for hard working dogs. Any musher wearing an advertisement on their back feeding a kibble is using 20% or less of that product and supplementing with raw meat (fresh) on the trail. They will stand there with a straight face and say great things about the products they endorse, get the free bags of food, knowing the whole time their dogs would have no hopes of staying in contention and finishing on all 4s without supplementing with fresh raw meats.

EP had jumped on the holistic bandwagon early with some of the product line.
They had swapped corn for oats (that was the only change I had noticed back then) and marketed it as holistic. No real benefit there IMO, just another marketing approach because corn was coming under heavy fire back then as being an allergy causing ingredient which was nothing more than a internet myth. Since that time however, GM corn (genetically modified) had been on the rise and it panned out to be a blessing in disguised because if you recall shortly after we had the problems with a fungus and the corn the Diamond feeds had got caught up in with deaths and major recalls.
Important thing to note though, Oats holds no advantage over corn if we're talking about non-GM corn and the holistic advertising was really nothing more than catchy marketing.

I think you will find EP is no better or worse than other feeds in its class and comparable with the Diamond Performance, MM Exceed, Pro Plan, etc. I know many that speak highly of all of them if that is the one they are using and get the results they are looking for. When you do the comparisons, compare the performance with the performance, Adult with Adult, etc, and you will probably find the numbers compare fairly across the board. It wouldn't be fair to compare the performance feed of one to the standard Adult feed of another, you need to look at the similar lines and make the assessment. If one Adult feed is 100 cals higher than the other Adult feed, than you may have something to consider. Hey, good luck with those choices!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts