Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
How is Butter responding to this food? What was he eating before then? Does Butter really like the Dr. Harvey's food?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He absolutely loves it, and so do I -- it's so colorful, organic, and full of wonderful things. Butter has had some issues with food after he was being "treated" with some chicken bites made in China before the FDA issued their warning, so we have to rotate often. So far, though, so good.

L

·
0 Posts
I had actually never heard of it until you mentioned it, so I explored their website. I'm glad your dog seems to be doing well on it!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've actually made an enormous batch of my own Dog Granola, or Museli as my husband calls it, for Butter, and after 3 meals, he's doing fine. The Dr. Harvey's and Sojos Europa are so expensive to feed a 60 lb lab with every day, so I bought all kinds of wonderful organic barley, oat, spelt, kamut and brown rice flakes and have combined them with freeze dried organic fruits and vegetables along with nutritional yeast, kelp, parsley, peppermint leaf, etc...

Does anyone do this? I add a meat or fish protein (sardines today) along with a rotating oil and plain yogurt for calcium. We'll see how it goes, but so far, no severe break outs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts