Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need animated icons for this message board so I can put one in here of me doing the 'happy meat dance' !:biggrin:

I tried out a grocery store that I rarely shop at this morning with the sole purpose of finding meat and organs. SCORE!!! They had chicken quarters on sale for $.37 a pound!!! I put 60 pounds in my buggy, then walked around thinking I'd go back on Monday for more. Then I realized that they'd sell out by Monday because this was a half price sale. So I went back and got 20 more pounds and decided to leave the last 20 pounds for some other person (wasn't I nice!). I also got a 5 pound box of chicken livers for $3.99. I don't know if that is a good price but it will last my two dogs for a very long time.

So, I end up with 80 pounds of chicken quarters for $29. That much Orijen would cost me almost $180 ! Right now I have it spread all over the kitchen counter and Rocky is going crazy.

The only problem is that I have to figure out what to do with it. Since i only have a 7 cubic foot chest freezer and a side by side refridgerator, it looks like we humans are going to have to eat a turkey and a pork roast this weekend.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
647 Posts
This is Food Lion. I'm pretty sure it's an east coast southern store only but I"m not sure.

Food Lion Store Locator

Here's a link to their store locator just in case they have one near you.
OMG!!! Thank you so much!!! :biggrin::biggrin: I had no IDEA Food Lion was having that sale, I am so going to go by there Monday (will the sale still be going on then?) after school!!!! I usually shop at Publix (when the meat is on sale, otherwise its a bit $$), Winn Dixie and Save A Lot, but haven't been able to go by Food Lion in forever.

I am so going to go now! YES! :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts