Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 5 yr old Vizsla boy has bilious vomiting syndrome, like clockwork every morning. The vet ran tests and prescribed Pepcid AC and an anti-vomiting med. I just didn't find that acceptable so I've been working on his diet. He was getting Merrick Before Grain previously. I switched him to Solid Gold Wolf King. I've started feeding him 4x a day. These guys overproduce acid in their stomachs and need something in them. I've also introduced him to fresh veggies with every evening meal. At lunch he gets a small amount of cottage cheese or yogurt mixed with canned pumpkin. His late night snack to keep his stomach from churning all night is Irish steel cut oatmeal with a small dab of raw organic honey. I'm also giving him a blend of herbs to soothe his stomach. In the meantime, I've been transitioning him off of the dry kibble to Honest Kitchen Force. What a difference I've seen in this dog's health! No more bad breath, belching, churning stomach and gas. His stools are perfect! No more vomiting in the AM and he doesn't need drugs! He's happy and zipping around the house like a nut! Yesterday, I caught him eating the strawberries in my garden! Who says a healthy diet doesn't make a difference?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts