Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes:O.K., this is a new one for me, my female who goes to daycare once a week
started humping another dog consistenetly today, she's never done that before and I'm wondering if there is a possibility if it could be a result of feeding raw food. She's 17 months old and been spayed since she was 8 months old.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Haha, I doubt it. It sounds more like a dominance thing to me.

My little guy, Milo has lived with my roommate's male, neutered dog Kody for months now with only Kody doing the humping and even that stopped after a month. Well Milo has become progressively more dominant as the months have gone on. Kody was lying down today and Milo (who is considerably shorter than Kody) climbed up on his back and started attempting to hump him. Kody didn't even notice anything at first, Milo looked a little confused, and it was all over in a matter of seconds, but I found it greatly amusing nonetheless.

Anyway, the point of my story is, it was probably just a dominance thing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
No, it's not related to food.

At her age, she is likely coming into adulthood a bit more and starting to show/express her adult personality and natural instinct to try to show dominance over another dog. It is a very typical and natural thing.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O.K., thats good to know because I know the owner was going to ask me if she continues to do it, considering she's never done it before.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I think people get way too upset by dogs humping each other, but they're dogs, not humans, and humping doesn't mean the same thing to them as it does to us. She's obviously not hurting the other dog by doing it, so don't worry about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts