Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be switching my dogs to raw but in the meantime I have to use kibble until I am ready. (Too many vacations planned until school starts to do it right!)
My dog has diabetes and I switched him to EVO chicken and turkey because it has the lowest carbs. He did GREAT during the switch and after but on this last bag started having diarrhea...BAD.
He is now on a cooked rice and chicken diet to add bulk to the stools.
My question is once the diarrhea gets better what do I do??
I'm NOT going back to the EVO. I want to go to Orijen. Can I immediately put him on it? Has anyone else had problems like this?
Thanks!~
Virginia

·
Registered
329 Posts
Here is an interesting twist to your post.....

I've fed Evo for three months to my adult and tried to go back to Orijen and my dog vomits. Previously on Orijen, (before Evo) she would vomit on the 6 Fish formula and looked less than steller on Orijen Adult and would not eat it with enthusiasm.

I went to the pet store and bought two bags of Evo Chicken and Turkey that were produced in February of 2010.

Now, on the other side of this, my 11 month old puppy has been on Orijen Large Breed Puppy since February and dives right into it everytime. My adult was also on this formula and loved it. It is in my opinion, based on my two dogs that Orijen Large Breed Puppy is in fact Orijens best product.

The two kibbles that I'm currently looking at are Go! Endurance and Canine Caviar Adult Chicken.

Reactions: vpeacock

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
is home cooked out of the question too? until you go to raw or decide which kibble you have time to test out?

with home cooked, you control the ingredients with regard to the diabetes and it can be made in significant batches and frozen to accomodate your vacations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts