Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a food to feed my dogs that they would enjoy that would not put weight on them? Of course, all dogs want more but the look they give me after feeding them kills me. I feed them enough but they will continue to hunt around the house for more. If I give them more dog food they gain weight. Looking for something that will fill them without the weight gain. Sounds silly, I know.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Welcome! What are you currently feeding?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
With my lot, I've discovered that "grainy" foods put weight on fast and easy. The only exception to that is science diet oral care, don't understand the why of that. A meat heavy diet seems the best for weight maintenance for my lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
At first I tried my own recipes, but my vet recommend me to give him a proper diet with bio ingredients. I buy Acana. He loves it! Sometimes make him chicken soup, but only once or twice a week.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
If you feed a variety of raw meat/bone/organ, you will be supplying all the nutrients a dog needs.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Meat, bone, and organs are the most biologically appropriate food for dogs. My lot does the best when they eat mostly meat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe you can try adding some vegetables to their diet, that way they'll stay fuller longer. Now that I think about it, there is a product that you can easily incorporate into what they already eat, plus it has many health benefits so you'll be sure that your dogs won't gain weight. It's called Buddy Custard. Buddy Custard is made with only all natural ingredients and they have been proven to have many health benefits even in dogs that suffer from illnesses like arthritis and cancer. It's a product that is based on scientific research originally devised by the biochemist Dr. Budwig. It can't hurt to try it, I'm sure your dogs will enjoy it as there's even a peanut butter variety. The best part is that it's good for them, they'll be getting the nutrients they need and will probably even have more energy to burn off any excess calories.
More than that, I recommend you ensure they get enough exercise throughout the day. I'm not saying that you don't already do that, but sometimes it can be easy to skip a walk or two if we're busy. Maybe it would also help to keep them entertained, they might just be bored and eating gives them something to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They will look for more no matter what. Just don't give more than that's healthy for them. I don't know any recipes to make them feel stuffed or less hungry but if you want dog food recipes to make at home these are incredibly easy and perfectly healthy ...(see trackback)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts