Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter and I were curious about the nutrients of regular Purina Dog Chow. My dogs like it, but they used to eat Royal Canin, but got too expensive.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My daughter and I were curious about the nutrients of regular Purina Dog Chow. My dogs like it, but they used to eat Royal Canin, but got too expensive.

Purina Dog Chow is not considered a good dog food. Royal Canin is better, but still not great. Good, premium dog foods are more expensive, but you will feed less. Here is a short list:
California Natural
Innova
Canidae
Wellness
Solid Gold
Fromm
Merrick
Wysong

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Yeah, I would say even Nutro Max is better than Purina. It's not great, but it is better and at a pretty decent price for those who are watching their budgets.
Royal Canin is mostly a marketing gimmick for people who want to spoil their purebreds, so it's really just expensive, middle-grade dog food. I'd recommend checking out our kibble section of the forum if you have any other questions, feel free to post them. We're always happy to help!

What kind of dogs do you have?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi from Seattle

Hi everyone. I just joined the forum today. I actually have a Pet Supply store. We used to carry Royal Canin until I found out MARS owns them. Last year right after the horrible pet food recalls.......MARS bought out Nutro as well. So though it wasn't a great food to begin with, I'm sure the formulations and/or quality will go down hill now. That is what happened to IAMS after Procter and Gamble bought them out. I chose to not carry anything in the store, including these foods, because MARS does horrible animal testing which I won't support. So does Procter and Gamble. Glad to be a part of the discussions:)

Allicia

·
Registered
3 Posts
How about Flint River lake trout and potato nuggets? Free shipping-my 2 pit/mastiffs and lab/pit have been eating this and there's a lot less WASTE in the yard-and we're feeding 6 cups LESS every day...anybody have any info on this? I'm happy with it, but u never know...

·
Registered
105 Posts
How about Flint River lake trout and potato nuggets? Free shipping-my 2 pit/mastiffs and lab/pit have been eating this and there's a lot less WASTE in the yard-and we're feeding 6 cups LESS every day...anybody have any info on this? I'm happy with it, but u never know...
I haven't fed that specific food, but I did feed Bella Flint River Ranch when I first got her. It's what she was eating at her foster home. It's a good food and they don't charge shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts