Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if i am posting this in the right spot but Solid Gold Dog food has a recall.

FYI.

Solid Gold Voluntary Recall - Turkey, Ocean Fish, Carrot, & Sweet
Potatoes Formula

Turkey, Ocean Fish, Carrot, & Sweet Potatoes Formula Canned Dog Food 13.2 oz
Cans – POP-TOP CANS ONLY WITH A 'USE BY DATE 01/02/2010' located on the
bottom of can

A limited production of this Turkey canned food was made with the POP-TOP,
and none of the product was distributed in any of the following states:
Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Hawaii, or Alaska.

Solid Gold has received several complaints regarding mold found in a batch
of 13.2 oz canned Turkey, Ocean Fish, Carrot, & Sweet Potatoes Formula, with
Pop-Tops. As a precautionary measure, they ask that you return any of this
product with the 'Use By Date 01/02/2010'; you will find these numbers on
the bottom of the cans.

13.2 oz Turkey and Ocean Fish Canned Dog Food.

Purple label with a POP –TOP (Pull top) only..

Date on bottom of can 01/02/2010

Turkey and Ocean Fish cans without a Pop-Top are not affected.

·
Registered
61 Posts
May I ask where you got this info? I just went to their website & the last thing on there is the Tiny Tots recall, also due to mold BTW.

Just curious because I have been unable to verify.

Thanks.......:smile:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I notified both Therese at petfoodlist & Susan at truthaboutpetfood & they have been unable to find anything either. SG as been emailed to ask about this. As soon as I get some verification, will post it here.

SG recalled Tiny Tots for mold a couple of months ago but that's the last thing on their website.:eek:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Finally got an email:

We have issued a voluntary recall on the 13.2 oz. pop-top Turkey , Ocean Fish, Carrot & Sweet Potatoes Formula Canned Dog Food. The statement you read is our official statement.

I do apologize for our lack of a statement on our website.

I have passed the information on and hope to have this issue resolved by the end of the day.

Solid Gold Health Products for Pets, Inc.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the confirmation!
I received the e-mail notice late Friday night they probably didnt get the chance yet to update their website. I do appreciate you verifying this recall. :smile:

·
Registered
61 Posts
The old "late Friday night" recall trick.

Saw lots of that last year!:mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Epidemic

On the 5th of October 2007 in Illinois their was a rare epidemic that broke out throughout the state. The epidemic broke out was claimed to be do to ecoli in a new brand of dog food. The company is rumored to begin re-start up this November. After reading this article on the internet I have came to the conclusion that it is best to stick with the basic brand names such as Iams and pedigree. You may say price is a problem for this factor but I believe that it isn't. If you disagree, search online. There are places where you can find a free dog food coupon from almost every major dog food manufacturer in the market.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Epidemic

On the 5th of October 2007 in Illinois their was a rare epidemic that broke out throughout the state. The epidemic broke out was claimed to be do to ecoli in a new brand of dog food. The company is rumored to begin re-start up this November. After reading this article on the internet I have came to the conclusion that it is best to stick with the basic brand names such as Iams and pedigree. You may say price is a problem for this factor but I believe that it isn't. If you disagree, search online. There are places where you can find a free dog food coupon from almost every major dog food manufacturer in the market.
SERIOUSLY?!?!?!? Iams or Pedigree? Free does not mean good food. Those are cheap foods that are not good for your dog. Spend a little more and get them something good for them. AND - this doesn't even look like valid information. What food was effected by this "rare epidemic" 1 1/2 years ago? What article on the internet? Where's the link?

My dogs mean more to me than that!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Iams or Pedigree may be more expensive than the food that had this problem? You probably shouldn't be feeding it anyway if it's that cheap!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
feeding iams or pedigree you might as well be feeding ecoli food.
I love my dog I wouldn't dare feed him that crap

1 - 14 of 14 Posts