Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know anything about 2 new dog foods I've heard of? They are "Life's Abundance" & "Blue"(from the Blue Buffalo Company) They are suppose to be really nutitious.

·
Registered
628 Posts
IMO Blue Buffalo is a better food than the Life's Abundance. The LA food has dried beet pulp as well as beets both of which are common allergens for dogs. Blue is also probably much easier to find and I would bet is probably cheaper cash wise given you do not have to find a distributor.

Personally if you are between those 2 foods and not considering anything else I would choose Blue over the LA.

L

·
0 Posts
Blue Buffalo has been around for a long time, so it's certainly not new. Their "Wilderness" formula's been around about 6 months or so. However, it's 42% protein and 16% fat so not suited for all dogs. Some call it grainless, though I don't consider it grainless as it does contain oatmeal. Granted, it's rather far down on the list, but it's there. The only other food I'm aware of with that high of a protein and fat percentage is Orijen, which my dog has done well on.

I completely agree with Boxermommie on the Life Abundance. It's got beet pulp which means it won't ever cross my threshhold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts