Dog Food Chat banner

Dog Food Coupons/Samples

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  wags 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew how to get coupons or even free samples of some of the top dog foods out there? I thought that this would be nice in case someone was considering switching foods and did want to spend a pretty penny and find out that their dog doesn't do well on the food. Any advice and suggestions are appreciated.

#2 ·
ive emsaled wellness and canidae and requested specific food samples, (2 different wellness formulas ...2 different canidae formulas) and both companies obliged.
canidae sent coupons too.

i signed up for the wellness emailer and i never got the coupons most people say they recieve.

but wellness sent me some wellness core, and some super 5 large breed.
canidae sent me ALS, and canidae grain free. and some felidae which i dont need.

i wish i could get evo samples?

#3 ·
A lot of companies don't do samples, because they have a moneyback guarantee on their food, and if your dog doesn't like it, you can return the opened bag for a full refund. It makes sense to me, I bet people would probably request samples they don't need Just to be cheap and get free food. Unfortunately that ruins it for everyone.
Taste of the Wild
Canidae
and Wellness are the only ones I know of that do samples.

I know Natura (innova, cali nat. healthwise, evo,karma) does not. Nor does orijen, blue, or solid gold

Nature's variety will send you a buy one get one free coupon if you request a "sample" on their website, but it still isn't quite free, obviously since you have to buy a bag to get the free one.
Blue Buffalo will also send you a $3 off coupon if you take their comparison quiz thing online.
Wellness sends coupons every month in via mail but not necessarily at the time of signup, just whenever the monthly e newsletter goes out.
Natura and Blue also send coupons in monthly newsletters.

#4 ·
I've seen online retailers have a sample pack of food (like 8 to 10 foods) that you can purchase. It's very inexpensive and a great way to try premium foods out.

On the other hand, not sure what a sample is going to do. It takes a minimum 7 days to transfer your dog over to a new food and two weeks after that to start seeing the results. All the sample really does is to see if the dog will even eat it.

#5 ·
Most companies will let you bring the food back as long as it is in it's original package. You could transition a dog for 7-10 days and have 1/2 the bag gone. If you're not happy with the results, you should be able to bring the bag back for a full credit to try something else. I know the stores in my area, work that way. I am sure the retailer in your area would work the same. I find that the locally owned stores who carry the higher end foods, are more than accommodating to the pet owners.

#6 ·
I recently got 6 $4 dollar off coupons for $2 (including shipping) on ebay. I think I was pretty lucky as I have never seen many high quality kibble coupons on ebay....but you could check...:smile:
You may hit a jackpot! :biggrin:

#7 ·
I've never heard of people selling coupons on Ebay before. That's interesting I'll have to check it out.

#8 ·
In the past I have been able to get samples from:
Wellness
Solid Gold
Wellsong
ZiwiPeak
Artemis
Go Natural (they actually didnt send me a sample, but a coupon for a free 1 pound bag)
Taste of the Wild
Canidae
Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lovers Soul
Evangers
Fromm
Innova
Castor and Pollux
Premium Edge
Vet's Choice (Healthy Extension)

I know that's a lot, but it was kind of trial period for my dogs. I have some of them left, but I forgot them in my old room at my MIL's. If I can get them next time I go there (hopefully we can stop by the house Sunday, sadly it's my hubby's dad's funeral...) and I can pick them up, I can see how much it would be to ship some and I could maybe send some to you if I have anything left that you'd like to try if you can't get it from the company. I have quite a few Eukanuba small breed puppy trial bags from Jack's breeder, but I don't know if anyone feeds it. Anyway, I'll post on here if I'm able to pick them up.

#9 ·
a lot of times you get samples at the mom and pop stores which are really nice! I just got a couple when I was at a new place that opened in my area.and I always write the companies or join their mailing lists or email lists and get free samples or coupons! Love getting those coupon's! Oh and I also am on this list where you can answer questions via email and I get a 5 to 7 lb free coupon for different foods! YEAH! :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.