·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of forums I have participated in do cool little contest such as:

1. Picture of the week/month
  2. Best Post of the week/month
  3. Most helpful/funniest post of the week/month
Anyone have any ideas on a cool contest.

I could put together a doggie gift basket that could include maybe some of the following:

1. Dog Treats
  2. Gift Cards
  3. Dog Toys
This also would be a good way to attract new members to help up grow.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think a picture contest would be ideal. Fun, simple, and no room for people to get into heated discussions about. I think it would be fun to have themed weeks. Like..."weirdest sleeping pose" or "funniest face" etc.

I am assuming we would do votes? But we would have to be a bit on the look out. Though having a contest and gift baskets would definitely recruit new members, it could cause members to create many accounts to just vote for themselves. Unless we do a post minimum before being allowed to participate in contests.

Either way, excellent idea.

GreenDog, if you need help with anything, let me know. I got my own business and I literally sit in front of the comp all day so I'm logged onto forums all day. Haha. Bad Economy = Slow as heck @ work.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sounds good, count me in.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a pretty good idea, I like the theme of the week idea. We will get something rolling and have some fun with it.
I think a picture contest would be ideal. Fun, simple, and no room for people to get into heated discussions about. I think it would be fun to have themed weeks. Like..."weirdest sleeping pose" or "funniest face" etc.

I am assuming we would do votes? But we would have to be a bit on the look out. Though having a contest and gift baskets would definitely recruit new members, it could cause members to create many accounts to just vote for themselves. Unless we do a post minimum before being allowed to participate in contests.

GreenDog, if you need help with anything, let me know. I got my own business and I literally sit in front of the comp all day so I'm logged onto forums all day. Haha. Bad Economy = Slow as heck @ work.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I agree.. a themed picture of the month.. very good idea.. :-D

·
Registered
61 Posts
There are over 800 members now.......time for the contests to begin!

I love prizes......:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
The prizes don't have to be huge or anything, I just love photo contests.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts