Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I have a Kuranda for the dogs, they use it all the time.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
They are just too expensive! Get some pcv pipe and some heavy duty fabric and you got yourself a homemade Kuranda LOL

I only get the dog beds from Costco for like $18 and then stuff them with more polyfill for another $20 and they end up being a good 8-10 inches thick.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I only paid 50.00 for mine, I don;t think that was too expensive!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Yeah, but your dogs are not a giant breed LOL!! I would have to pay $170 :eek:.
That's why we stick with the Costco dog beds (LOVE THEM!!) and refill with new polyfill every 4-6 months or so.

With 4 dogs @ 70-120lbs we wouldn't be able to afford food or a mortgage if everyone got Kurandas LOL!!

With the Costco beds though we have 6 and are buying 2 or 3 more this month :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Dane sized Kuranda's run about $200 shipped so that IS out of my price range (at least for the ones that I would consider buying). I will stick to my ~$20 beds for now :wink:

·
Registered
517 Posts
LOL my guy hates dog beds, but loves a nice fluffy blanket folded in half, then again in half with a pillow on the side.

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I'm awful. I have the costco beds downstairs for the dogs, and just replace them when need be, they're cheap enough....

But in our bedroom, it's Bowser Beds all around!

I think I paid somewhere around $175 for Annie's. Grissom's was $80. Chesney's was $80 (same size) but Champ's was $210.

But you NEVER have to replace them. EVER. They don't get all nasty dirty either. They still look like they did the day I bought them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Big lots has some decent sized beds for $20. Probably not dane sized though ;)

What about a crib mattress? I got a free one used and you can get any color sheets to put on it to match decor :)

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I only get the dog beds from Costco for like $18 and then stuff them with more polyfill for another $20 and they end up being a good 8-10 inches thick.
Where do you get this polyfill stuff? Is it soft like the original stuffing?

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Polyfill is just regular stuffing that you find in a lot of different things, stuffed animals, pillows, etc. I get either a 10 or 20 pound box from Walmart. A 20 pound box of polyfill is enough to stuff 6 Dane sized dog beds. Just need basic sewing skillz to open up the dog bed about 6 inches and then sew it shut again when you're done filling it. Pretty darn easy :wink:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Polyfill is just regular stuffing that you find in a lot of different things, stuffed animals, pillows, etc. I get either a 10 or 20 pound box from Walmart. A 20 pound box of polyfill is enough to stuff 6 Dane sized dog beds. Just need basic sewing skillz to open up the dog bed about 6 inches and then sew it shut again when you're done filling it. Pretty darn easy :wink:
What she said

·
Registered
126 Posts
It feels like I am always buying dog beds! My dogs love the big round cushions from papason chairs. I wrap a sheet around them so it is easily washed. The girls like it the best because they can lay next to each other.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
The last pillow type and oval style and rectangular very large dog beds we bought were from sams club and the dogs here really like them. Also have bought a couple from Menards. When they get so washed and horrible looking they are cheap enough to replace them! I have never used and ortho bed for them. Also they do love my bed well two of them LOL!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts