Dog Food Chat banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So darn cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love that photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I have Kuranda beds also - I like them because i can wash the lambswool with no problem, and they are up off the floor.

Rebel, however, does not go nuts over his Kuranda like everyone told me he would. He's just never cottoned up to it. He'll sleep in it, but he often squishes himself into a little corner with his head on the PVC pipe.

but, it's what I got for him so it's what he uses. I bought the giant-sized bed for him and it's just too expensive to trash and start over. I did have three, though, and I gave the two smaller ones to rescue groups.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
my dog uses our bed and sofa as his bed.
on the floor in the livingroom there's a rug
with a thin blanket over it and that's his bed.
in our bedroom there's a dog bed (a real one
on the floor) and that's his other bed. so, between
the sofa, our bed and his 2 beds he has 4 beds. :happy:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well I did it so far I bought a memory foam (OMG SO COMFY) and yes I was shouting so comfy WOW! I finally convinced the hubby and we got one its really think no cedar in it though all this chopped up memory foam! My daughter wants it for a pillow heehee! Its one of the nicest beds I have ever gotten for the pups! Thanks to everyone who motivated me! And yes you all did!
I also (gee I am not a sewing person) am making a bed that is like the blankets that you tie the ends together. I have the material its a flannel type whatever it is that you make the throws with and its brown with little doggie prints on it and the bottom is plain brown. I actually bought pillows that were on sale from sears which are very nice pillows and I am going to put this in muslin to wrap it and put it inside the cover. I had it on the ground unstuffed and the dogs were already laying on it this way haha! So cute! Well anyway I am going to purchase one more type too and I am now re~looking at all the great responses! Thanks again all!

Reactions: MollyWoppy

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
i like doing them myself becuase if the dog tears it or pees on it or generally destroys it you dont have to feel freaked out about jsut tossing it.
and you can make it look however you want(you can use any fabric you want!) i made beds for my cats useing old couch cusions we had a couch we tossed out and i took all 3 cushions for 3 of my cats on of my cats loves thick soft padding so with one cussion i took an old down filled comforter to use to cover it for the second bed my cat ginger LOVES my sweat shirts inside out so i took her two favorites and cut them and coverd it with that and my 3rd kitty likes firm and smooth he hates soft (he actually prefers to sleep on concrete floor to my bed or the carpet) so i took a satin sheet to cover cut the cusion in half to make it thinner and voil'a all three cats have there own personal beds.
with cesar i bought a toddlar matress those are usually water proof,not low to the ground and quite durable i then made a giant slip cover for it from a 5 dollar throw blanket from wally world that micro fiber.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I make all my own beds. One being because of the high price. Two being because i like it to be the colors i want it to be. Three becasue i like HUGE beds for my pups that are tall and they sink into. I've also made beds with a blanket sewn to three sides so they can "burrow". And they seem to like the beds i make them better.

Right now i am working on a 36x28'' bed made of jeans material (human jeans cut up!) for Annie's cage. Its going to be 12'' thick and im going to stuff it with fiber fill and cut up temperpedic foam. Cost me like $10

Reactions: wags

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
We recently made our own dog beds...

I highly suggest it, the dogs love it and it was way cheaper than a Kuranda.
Could you give me the measurements for thoese and how you did it? That looks awesome and it would keep my baby girl from laying on the hard floor..

Reactions: wags

·
Registered
696 Posts
Could you give me the measurements for thoese and how you did it? That looks awesome and it would keep my baby girl from laying on the hard floor..
We got all the instructions from Columbus Dog Connection site and there's even a link to a video on the page, which is really helpful:
Elevated Dog Beds

ETA: oh but our legs are 6", not four. Wanted to be able to reach down from the side of the bed and pet the dogs, so we made them a little taller :)

41 - 50 of 50 Posts