Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here feed prepared frozen raw diets?
I ask because I have recently opened a pet food store with only better quality dry foods and I would like to offer customers an alternative.
I have found one brand, Nature's Menu(not the one made in the UK), that looks good, but, I am surely NOT an expert. Has anyone heard of it?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
I guess pet food store owners who ask for advice on feeding raw are not welcome in this forum.
I think raw food questions might be better answered in the raw food forum pages, not the introduce yourself one. unfortunately i don't know the answer to your question, but i would be interested to know the answer too. and hi bordermike! :)

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I guess pet food store owners who ask for advice on feeding raw are not welcome in this forum.
You asked a question that probably no one knows the answer to. I have never heard of that brand and don't know anyone who has. I looked at the website and I'm not very impressed with the stuff. They seem to have bone phobia. I don't like the fact that they put calcium into the food that is not bone based. Milk based calcium is unnatural for dogs.

In general we are not keen on pre-mix raw around here anyway. It is way inferior to feeding prey model raw although we do have some members who feed premix, I don't think any of them feed your brand.

There is nothing that most of us feed our dogs that you could sell cheaper than the sources we presently have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about the misguided post and the somewhat rude post. (looong day)
I think that your site is a good step towards getting the general public to stop buying
cheap junk dog food.
Also, I wasn't trying to sell anything, just looking for an alternative to offer my local customers as I live in a small semi-rural community. Most people here have never given any thought to whats in their dog food, let alone feeding raw. I thought the pre-mix would be a convenient option.
Thanks,
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts