Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
493 Posts
Nice photos! Thanks for sharing! Have you entered a picture of your shepherd?

And yes I do like shepherds. Especially the white ones!:smile:

·
Banned
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the links to the German Shepherd pictures. I especially loved the shelter dogs. We adopted Jody from MOGS (Missouri German Shepherd Rescue)...she is a failed foster!
What do you mean by failed foster? Do you mean someone took on the responsibility, then quit on the dog ?? If so I just hate those kind of people.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Todd, we are a foster family for MOGS and would foster German Shepherds until they were adopted. When we went to pick up our new foster dog, Jody, we fell in love with her. We say she is a failed foster because we adopted her.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
What do you mean by failed foster? Do you mean someone took on the responsibility, then quit on the dog ?? If so I just hate those kind of people.
A failed foster is someone that takes a foster into their home and ends up adopting the dog. They "failed" as a foster family because they kept the dog they were only supposed to be temporarily caring for....

ie. they couldn't stand to part with the dog and wanted it to become part of their lives permanently

·
Registered
99 Posts
I do love German Shepherds! I also have been a member of that forum for years...it's great for those who have or just love the breed. :biggrin:

Your GSD is a total HUNK! Just gorgeous...excellent pigment, too!

Here is my GSD..Toffee
She was playing in the sprinklers..:smile:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes, she is considered Black Sable. Her sire is Black Sable and her dam is Solid Black. I can never decide which color I like best, lol, a gorgeous GSD is a sight to behold, no matter what the color!
Here's another picture

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Not my favorite breed, but I do love them. :)
I'll look at the pics!
Wait, I thought I read that Tiger was half GSD and half Rottie. Or am I mistaken? I remember always thinking how cute Tiger is, then you said in some post that she was 1/2 GSD & 1/2 rottie and I thought "So THAT'S what the product of my brother's rottie and my GSD would look like."

Did I make that up in my head? :tongue: Tiger really is a cutie regardles of breed combo. :biggrin:

Richelle

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wait, I thought I read that Tiger was half GSD and half Rottie. Or am I mistaken? I remember always thinking how cute Tiger is, then you said in some post that she was 1/2 GSD & 1/2 rottie and I thought "So THAT'S what the product of my brother's rottie and my GSD would look like."

Did I make that up in my head? :tongue: Tiger really is a cutie regardles of breed combo. :biggrin:

Richelle
Yep, Tiger's a GSD/Rottie mix! He only weighs 45lbs tho because he was the runt. :smile:
Thanks for the compliment, I ♥ him :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes, she is considered Black Sable. Her sire is Black Sable and her dam is Solid Black. I can never decide which color I like best, lol, a gorgeous GSD is a sight to behold, no matter what the color!
Here's another picture
Wow she is beautiful!!! I love Black Sables, if I got a GSD I would have to get one. :smile:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the compliments...Toffee likes being told she's beautiful..lol :smile:
Tiger is a beautiful dog, too! I knew a Rottie/ Dobie cross when I was younger and his name was Beno. He was absolutely incredible!! I figure a Rottie/ GSD cross would be just as great. :cool:
The thing about Sable GSD's is that they are born lighter and then their color darkens and changes as they grow. While most classic black & tan GSD's are born almost black and then lighten as they grow. Toffee has a black belly unlike most others have a tan belly..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks for the compliments...Toffee likes being told she's beautiful..lol :smile:
Tiger is a beautiful dog, too! I knew a Rottie/ Dobie cross when I was younger and his name was Beno. He was absolutely incredible!! I figure a Rottie/ GSD cross would be just as great. :cool:
The thing about Sable GSD's is that they are born lighter and then their color darkens and changes as they grow. While most classic black & tan GSD's are born almost black and then lighten as they grow. Toffee has a black belly unlike most others have a tan belly..
Toffee.. I love that name!
Really?, I never knew that they changed their coat color as they grew!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts