Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well I really wanna know what my dog is, and I stumbled upon this picture and thought she looks very similar to this one.

The pound said she was an Australian Cattle Dog mix...

Let me know what you think!

·
Banned
1,713 Posts

Well I really wanna know what my dog is, and I stumbled upon this picture and thought she looks very similar to this one.

The pound said she was an Australian Cattle Dog mix...

Let me know what you think!
itll be hard to pinpoint what your girl is. she can either be an aussi combined with a chiuahauah...or she could be a chiuahuah combined with a german shepard and no aussie in her.
thats the hard part about mixed breeds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies!

I hope you're complimenting my avatar and not the pic I previously posted LOL

Here are some more pictures of Sydney....this is the one that I care to know her breed lol.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
There are canine DNA tests available. Pretty sure they cost roughly $100 depending on the vet.

She is very cute! I see cattle dog in her too, the ears are the clue :wink:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Spitz somewhere maybe?

·
Registered
107 Posts
There are canine DNA tests available. Pretty sure they cost roughly $100 depending on the vet.

She is very cute! I see cattle dog in her too, the ears are the clue :wink:
I agree. My friend did this and it broke down the various breeds to the % of what was in them. Her dog had 8 diiferent breeds running through him.

And such a cute girl you have too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you all for your replies!

I wish I had a dollar every time someone mentioned how much she looks like a fox, dingo, or coyote. I would have enough to buy everyone at the forum a DNA test lol...

Wow so would you guys say these DNA tests are pretty accurate? I saw one for about a hundred bucks and you just swab their cheek instead of blood drawn...

I'm gonna look more into these and see what I can find.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think she looks chihuahua and Australian shepherd or cattle dog mix.. maybe something else.

I don't know how accurate the DNA tests are, there are different companies certainly that do it. I haven't really researched them but someone on another forum that has what looks like a boxer/dane cross came back with boxer and boston terrier :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the heads up about the DNA testing shortcomings...

I have done minimal research as of now but when I did google breed DNA tests, I did see mentioned that it was for less than 40 breeds, but I did not read into detail about which they were referring to.

Its unfortunate to think I may never know what breeds shes mixed with, as she really does seem like the ideal dog for me and probably many types of families; being great with kids, small dogs, and still can keep up with the big dogs.

I could imagine lots of people could argue the same about their mutts! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts