Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bulldog who is allergic to many types of foods. I have found a "godsend" with California Natural" Herring and Sweet potato". It is very expensive at over $40 for a 30 lb. bag. I have searched and searched for a cheaper way to buy it. I can't find a wholesale company that sells it, i can't find discount websites that sell it (cheaper than $40). I have resorted to e-mailing the manuafacturer and begging for coupons. They mailed out a $5 and a $3 coupon, and i can only request it once a year! :frown: Anyone that has any connections with getting this food cheaper please please please let me know, thank you.
As a side ...if you have a very allergic dog, and you have successfully found a dry dog food they eat, let me know.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I'd say $1.33 lb is pretty good for a dogfood that works for your sensitive bulldog, there are people on here paying way more than that for a premium kibble because they love their dog and want what is best for them. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Did you take advantage of their coupon offer?

https://www.naturaadvantage.com/

I dont know if I can help you in the discount department, some websites may have it on sale like petfooddirect.com (but its only worth buying when they send you coupons in the mail due to shipping costs).

The only other one I can think of is Natures Domain, but its only available at costco its a fish/potato food and should cost a bit less.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have some coupons for free 5# or 6.6# bags of California Natural, or $7 off any Natura product. If you want I can send you a few. Other than that I'd just do what you can to afford it. It might seem like a lot up front but figure out how long a 30# bag will last you and how much it will end up costing per day and it probably won't seem like as much.

PM with your address if you want me to send you the coupons

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses so far. Unosmom ... thanks for that link, i filled out the info. Hopefully they except it and send me the coupon. Like i said in the first post, i asked for and they mailed out coupons a few months ago, and they said they only send coupons once a year per household.
ubershann ... i would like any and all coupons i can get my hands on, however i don't "PM". Any other suggestions we can exchange info?

·
Registered
718 Posts
...however i don't "PM".
:confused: I think ubershann is asking you to send a private message through this site, not using some external chat program like AIM or YIM. Just click on their user name in the top left of their post and a sub-menu will pop-up. Select the one that says, "Send a private message to ubershann" and then compose and send the message. Only you two can see it, nobody else here can. It's a good way to send a mailing address to another member here or have a private conversation about a topic here.

·
Registered
216 Posts
:confused: I think ubershann is asking you to send a private message through this site, not using some external chat program like AIM or YIM. Just click on their user name in the top left of their post and a sub-menu will pop-up. Select the one that says, "Send a private message to ubershann" and then compose and send the message. Only you two can see it, nobody else here can. It's a good way to send a mailing address to another member here or have a private conversation about a topic here.
Yep! That's exactly what I meant. :biggrin:

When I saw the coupons at the store I work in I grabbed extra to give to friends or anyone who needs them. I'll send you what I have

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
um ubershann

Hello, i sent you my address in a PM almost 2 weeks ago. Did you mail out those coupons? Let me know, thanks!:smile:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes, I did. I would have responded but you said you were disabling your private messaging again as soon as you sent me that message.

I did not see your message until several days after you sent it, and have been very busy recently, but I will get them in the mail as soon as I can.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Did you take advantage of their coupon offer?

https://www.naturaadvantage.com/

I dont know if I can help you in the discount department, some websites may have it on sale like petfooddirect.com (but its only worth buying when they send you coupons in the mail due to shipping costs).

The only other one I can think of is Natures Domain, but its only available at costco its a fish/potato food and should cost a bit less.
That's a cool website!

I'm happy that even with overhead, we are able to beat alot of their prices (before the discount :(). But that's a cool resource! $24.99 for shipping for a 33#, whoa. No easy way around that one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Happy bulldog

Yes, I did. I would have responded but you said you were disabling your private messaging again as soon as you sent me that message.

I did not see your message until several days after you sent it, and have been very busy recently, but I will get them in the mail as soon as I can.
Ubershann, thanks for the coupons i received them today, and used one already! Just .82 (NY tax) for a 5 pound bag .... very nice! Thanks Thanks Thanks. Keep me in mind if you ever run across more deals/coupons.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ubershann, thanks for the coupons i received them today, and used one already! Just .82 (NY tax) for a 5 pound bag .... very nice! Thanks Thanks Thanks. Keep me in mind if you ever run across more deals/coupons.
Great! Glad they arrived ok! If we get any more I'll let you know. If you have friends who don't mind you using their address maybe you could go to the natura website and have a few more free bag coupons sent out?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I saw that ...

Ubershann ... yea i saw the expiration date. So in a few days i'll use the second coupon. I wonder if i check the website after 9/30, if they will have a new free 5 lb bag coupons. I'll have to see. If you find any, let me know, and thanks again, and more importantly my Bulldog thanks you:smile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's been awhile since i posted on here, so i thought i would ask again. Anyone know of coupons or discounts to California Natural dry dog food? I have a very sensitive English Bulldog and the only food i have had luck with is California Natural Herring and Sweet Potato flavor. It is very expensive and any help would be ... helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's been awhile since i posted on here, so i thought i would ask again. Anyone know of coupons or discounts to California Natural dry dog food? I have a very sensitive English Bulldog and the only food i have had luck with is California Natural Herring and Sweet Potato flavor. It is very expensive and any help would be ... helpful. Thanks.
Is $40 really expensive for 30lb bag? I thought when I was buying Orijen 6 Fish for $80 for almost a 40lb bag was expensive.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
In the grand scheme of things....$40 for a 30lb bag really isn't that bad :-/

·
Registered
232 Posts
Is $40 really expensive for 30lb bag? I thought when I was buying Orijen 6 Fish for $80 for almost a 40lb bag was expensive.
$40 for 30 lbs of dog food is a good price....I pay $65 for a 26 lb bag of Fromm around here..
Orijen is around $75.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts