Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on reviewing a bunch of dog food brands and I noticed something weird.

A lot of companies will have the SAME EXACT ingredients and just name it different. It seems that its the same exact dog food, just in a different brand.

Anyone else notice this? Anyone know why?

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I dont know but I know when I compared Eukanuba to Iams it was literally the exact same ingredients with a different package and price tag which made me laugh a little at all the poor fools who buy Eukanuba thinking it's so fantastic when they could just save $20 and feed their dogs the same garbage.

Maybe they're all manufactured by the same place? What brands did you find like that?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
A lot of companies will have the SAME EXACT ingredients and just name it different. It seems that its the same exact dog food, just in a different brand.
Yes, I've noticed it and most brands are like that. It's called "marketing". They want you to feel that the food you are feeding was made just for your dog and fits him perfectly. Obviously since they are all the same with a few ingredients swapped around in the ingredients list, there is no difference in the food.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts