Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog may have an enlarged spleen. She is on a raw dog food diet. Should I make changes. NEED IMPUT SOON.:eek:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Is there any indication of why the spleen is enlarged? Has an ultrasound been done or any kind of biopsy?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am making arrangements to get blood work and have set up an appt for an ultrasound. I will get to the root of the cause but she's on raw food ( chicken and vegetables) and wondering in the interim if I need to temp change diet for her system.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Is chicken and vegetables her whole diet, or do you add different meats, vitamins/bones/organs? How long has she been on that diet?

I'm sorry that your pup is not well, hopefully once you get the bloodwork and an ultrasound done, it's not as bad as you think right now. Good luck.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily change her diet until you get more information. Although you'd want to add in more meat variety rather than just chicken- which isn't ideal.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She gets a thigh or drum stick; and then I purchase Bravo Chicken and Bone and add carrots, spinach and eggs and egg shells. Sometimes I add sweet potatoes too. They get 2 tablespoons of that 2x a day.

I had to take her today to vet her temp was 104.5, and vomitting. She was given an injection of some profen to reduce fever (which it did), and a prescription of Baytril. He took blood for a blood chemistry and blood work-up and she is scheduled for an ultrasound monday. I am giving her low sodium chicken broth for supper just to give her tummy a rest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts