Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm sure some of you have heard from my previous post on the subject...I have a friend with a GSD puppy about the same age as Pandora (6 months). She currently feeds her Orijen Large Breed Puppy. I had originally asked what other foods could she feed to offer some variety since most puppy foods are chicken based. Many of you suggested keeping the same dry, but offering canned food with different meats to add variety.

My question is that every time this is done, the dog gets diarrhea. No matter what...everytime. If anything other than what she is used to is given, it results in cannon butt. :frown:

So.....any suggestions as what to do? Does anyone else have this issue? :confused:

·
Registered
329 Posts
She's a puppy. If she is doing just fine on Orijen Large Breed Puppy, then leave it at that. There are plenty of years coming to give her variety. :wink:

Don't mess with success at this point in the game. Get her built first.

Reactions: harrkim120

·
Registered
333 Posts
yea puppy's systems are a lot more sensitive so you should probably stick with what he/she is doing well on. puppy's get dehydrated too easily, so frequent diarrhea isn't good.

Reactions: harrkim120

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I would suggest sticking with just the dry food as well. No reason to make her system upset if she will get adequate nutrition from her regular food.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts