Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
You need to feed a carb free diet. Unfortunately, there is no commercial food that is carb free or even low carb.
What about EVO? As far as I know, it has the lowest carbs in the market. Or does it still have too much?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
What about EVO? As far as I know, it has the lowest carbs in the market. Or does it still have too much?
I don't understand EVO's nutrition anaysis. According to my figuring, they have about 26% carbs but their nutrition analysis claims "15% carbohydrates NFE" whatever that means. I was looking at the Red Meat Formula.

I know diabetes is a disease in which the body can't or has trouble handling sugar. Carbs are sugar. I know dogs don't need any carbs in their diet so yes, I'd say any carbs are too many.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
You will want to absolutely cut carbohydrates as low as you possibly can. This is all too familur, as my dog does not have diabetes, but he does not have the ability to handle carbohydrates in his diet at all. I tried "low carb" commercial diets, but had no luck, they're still too high.
If you insist on feeding a commercial diet, try Evo, Orijen, Core, or Instinct. There are other ways to feed than commercial pet food, check the link in RFD's sig if you're interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts