Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I do a lot of woodworking in my spare time.

I've had some thought of making a simple feeder...you know the ones that are raised up about 12" or so to make for easier feeding for our boys and girls. I'd probably spice it up a bit...dovetail the corners...pick a nice hardwood that will hold up, etc...

Question...do you think it would make it even easier on our guys if I angle the feeder a bit towards them? Hopefully this makes sense. All feeders I've seen are flat/parallel to the ground...perfectly horizontal if you will. I'd angle mine a bit...just seems like a good idea and one that would help them feed a bit easier.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Not necessarily....I would say that just make it shorter if you think your dog will have problems getting into the bowl. I can also see a few flaws that come with that design. First, any kibble that gets pushed out onto the sides would fall on the floor...not that that is an issue if your dogs clean up after themselves. Second, food might too easily get spilled out the front of the bowl while eating?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
This sight has some cute designs. you could just use it as a guideline. I think you need something to go around the bowls like a table top sunken in to catch the food particles and some design for water spillage. so its a sill proof type area! But elevated feeding areas are great so dogs dont have to bend to the ground and eat! :smile:

Raised Dog Feeders - Elevated Wooden Pet Feeder

1 - 3 of 3 Posts