Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So our Craigslist ad has scored us yet another cool find...

We picked up 100 day old chicks today and the Kitah got her first for dinner tonight.

It was a little creepy having a bag full of frozen cute fuzzy chicks but she LOVED it :biggrin:

I'll try to get video next time :wink:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Awww poor Kitah! yeah I ask because it seems like some older cats have a harder time switching to PMR or better yet, whole prey! I wonder if my kitties would go for it, they're about the same age.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, cats can be a real pain.

Have you tried feeding chunks of meat? The Kitah gets a chunk of whatever the girls are eating that day. Would be an easy way to see if yours would come around without spending much.

We get whole frozen sardines and other small fish from an Asian market. She also gets whole feeder mice we buy from a reptile store...

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Well they will happily gnaw on whatever cut of meat I give them, I just don't know if they'd go for whole prey. I probably should have worded that better the first time :smile:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
So our Craigslist ad has scored us yet another cool find...

We picked up 100 day old chicks today and the Kitah got her first for dinner tonight.

It was a little creepy having a bag full of frozen cute fuzzy chicks but she LOVED it :biggrin:

I'll try to get video next time :wink:
Please, don't.... :eek:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Well they will happily gnaw on whatever cut of meat I give them, I just don't know if they'd go for whole prey. I probably should have worded that better the first time :smile:
Start out with whole fish, because cats generally like the smell of fish :D

Then make your way into feeding mice and birds...might have to coat them in something tasty to make them palatable :eek:

·
Registered
151 Posts
She definately is a nutcase...(speaking from experience with knowing her). I DEFINATELY would like to see a video. hahah. crazy Kitah!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts