Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking back with everyone. All seems to being going pretty well.

One thing I am noticing is they seem hungry which this may be a plus too, not used to seeing this:rolleyes:

I am feeding the recommended amounts and feeding two times a day. A smaller meal in the AM (7ish)and the remainder in the PM (5ish) I am hoping they are getting enough - mind you all of my dogs are right at weight or slighly meaty so they are not starving lol, but I want to be sure, should I increase their food a bit or is this natural?

BTW - here are my dogs weight

Suri - Standard Poodle 50 lbs (2 years)
Olie - " 43 lbs (8 months)
Aoki - Pomeranian 7 lbs (17 months)
Coco - " 11 lbs (17 months)

We are on chicken quarters/divided for the poms and I did get breast on sale so I did feed a bone in breast to Olie and Suri this evening.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hehe, you haven't been feeding NEARLY long enough to answer those questons. Some first time raw fed dogs will go the first 3 or 4 days without eating anything. :smile: Don't worry about amounts right now. If, someday in the fuure, you notice one gaining weight, feed him less or vice versa. It will probably be weeks or months until you notice any need for a volume change. Probably some of your dogs will need more food over time and some less. Yes, its normal for them to seem hungry. They are trying to talk you into more of that good tasting food they have all of a sudden discovered. :smile: In time you will all learn what to expect.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing great so far!

You will soon be a pro at finding out what the perfect amount to feed happens to be. I would follow and keep track more on each of your dogs body conditions rather than their weight. The 2-3% is just a ballpark guideline that gives you a good idea where to start. But a lot of dogs food requirements are much different than 2-3%. Food intake depends on age, energy level, what kind of meat you are feeding, their "job", etc. Just don't let your dogs get overweight and you will be in good shape!!! Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts