Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to update. Today is day 3 of the Prey Modle RAW diet switch for my Chelsea girl. We did the switch cold turkey, and we are already seeing benefits after just 3 days! Chelsea is allergic to peanuts and peanut oils. God only knows what other food allergies she has, that might be mild, but still present, and when she came to me, she was being fed Purina Chicken and Oatmeal. I knew right away, upon reading the ingredients, that it was not a food I was comfortable feeding her. She itched ALL THE TIME, even though nothing "peanuty" is on the list. Well guess what? today being the third day of 100% RAW, absolutly Nothing but the chicken, she isn't itching and scratching anymore!! Her poops are less frequent (mind you, they are a tad runny due to the change from low quality kibble to 100% meat) but still, she has gone from waking me up at anywhere between 3am to 5am to go for a poop, to waking me up at 6:30-7am! We even have her trained to stay on the towel in the kitchen, to eat, and she is now doing this 90% of the time! I'm really hoping this lifetyle change will give her a good amount of years with us, before she passes. I'm not sure we woulda had that, if she stayed on the kibble. We're happy, she's happy! :cool:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Congratulations! This is great news but not the least bit surprising to those of us who have been feeding prey model raw for many years. We have seen this happen countless times over the years. :smile:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Good for Chelsea! Doesn't it give you a feeling of satisfaction knowing you are giving your dog the absolute best you can give!

Reactions: Kristofski

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
It's also great that you know EXACTLY what she is eating. Unlike with kibbles, even high quality ones, you never know what their going to be injesting. Half the ingredients in kibbles you can't even fathom where they came from and why they're in the food (could possibly have been in contact with peanuts somewhere along the way of processing). Which is important if you have a dog with allergies to things. Glad to hear that she is doing great!

·
Registered
70 Posts
It really is nice to know EXACTLY whats going into them!

I'm so happy for you and Chelsea! She is so beautiful, and you have given her the best gift ever by opening your heart and home to her.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Yay!
I love knowing exactly what is going in grissom's awkward little body. lol.
I'm glad she's adjusting to it so well, I too was amazed at how quickly I saw positive results.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Congratulations:smile: A friend of mine is feeding her Boxer raw after hearing my praise of it. She said it was amazing how he didn't whine for snacks or treats like he used to. Once he's had his raw meal he's done:biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts