Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted an ad on CL, offering to buy freezer burnt meat. I already got a reply from someone with some freezer burnt kirkland ground beef patties and she was going to look through the rest of her freezer as well.

So, I dont know how much to offer to pay. I stated in the ad, up to $.50/lb but just wondering... what do you think I should offer for certain cuts/types?

And, I'm a little worried I might get some whack job who poisons my dog. Those of you who do this, how do I ensure the meat is a-ok?:confused:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The only meat we ever really end up paying for is game meat. I'm happy to take freezer burned meatballs, ground beef, etc from someones freezer to help them clear things out but we've never had to pay for it. Most people so far have been happy to clear their freezers out.

As for making sure it's "ok"... we haven't really worried about it. You can see the condition the stuff comes in. It would have had to been poisoned years ago when they first put it in their freezer.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I never offer to pay anything. If they ask me for money, I'll decide if I want to pay that or not. Let them bring up the subject. Usually they are willing to give it away to create freezer space. Otherwise they would never have contacted me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts