Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My chicken backs didn't defrost :(

and i have two cornish game hens that are defrosted...

how far away from chicken are they and can i feed it to the two who don't transition well.....

they are, so far...knock on wood..makes the sign of the cross...prays to buddha....and all of the universe...doing well....very well, actually.

they are getting drummettes without skin and backs without fat or skin or organ...

they are just about at two weeks...i think today, actually...and tomorrow are supposed to start turkey necks..

but i don't have any defrosted chicken backs....

what's the worst that can happen, she asked? LOL

are they similar?

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
It might actually be a good thing that your chicken backs didn't defrost today. When introducing a new protein source its not a bad idea to fast them shortly beforehand. If I were you I would just wait to feed them the turkey necks tomorrow and not worry about feeding them tonight. No need to add in an extra variable to the situation that could in fact cause more damage than good, because the cornish game hens probably from a different source meaning they might be slightly different than the backs you have been giving to your dogs.

With that being said, cornish game hens are chicken, same thing. They are just slaughtered at a younger age and despite being called "hens" they can be male or female.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh. why didn't i post this earlier...

they have already eaten tonight...it was tomorrow that i had no backs :(

but, if a cornish game hen is a chicken, then i'm fine and yeah, i'm going to intro turkey necks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts