Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my roommates don't want their corned beef anymore, and it's still raw. Is this ok to feed to my dogs or has the meat been treated with too many spices already? There's a packet of whole spices in with the meat in a separate package I obviously wouldn't feed, but aside from that it looks like a large hunk of raw beef.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I couldn't find anything at all about it. Some say cooked corned beef is good for them but I couldn't find anything about raw corned beef. Hopefully someone else is more helpful.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah well, I fed it to them anyway and they loved it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ah well, I fed it to them anyway and they loved it.
lmao that's funny. I wouldn't know. I would say ground beef probably isn't the best for them, but then again I was also worried about raw chicken just 2 days ago. I don't know how seasoning would effect the beef, though. I've fed my dogs scraps that were heavily seasoned (i love to cook) and he never had a problem.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wasn't ground, I think it was a brisket, but they call it "corned" because of the spices you add to it, but those weren't added yet so it was basically a large hunk of beef (with lots of fat, I might add!).

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I thought my roommates new better, because they had just thrown it away (new bag in the trash, and the meat was in a sealed bag so no, I'm not that disgusting). So I simply took it out and set it in the sink to thaw with my chicken figuring heck if they were just going to throw it away I might as well feed it to my dogs, they don't care!

I'm excited because my boyfriend has some freezer-burned steaks he's gonna let me feed the dogs, and my roommate got some lamb a while ago (we're talking months and months ago) that should be pretty well freezer-burned by now or any day now, so my dogs will be getting some fun new stuff soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts