Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2 year old, 110lb great dane. She has finally completely recovered from demodex mange. I have previously been giving her vitamin e. However she is healed but covered with dandruff. I would like to try coconut oil to she if this can help. Hoping someone can shine a little light on the subject. How much should she be getting per day, and is there a special kind or is a jar of 100% good at whole foods? I appreciate any information you can lend :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
i use organic and just start with a little teaspoon, don't over do and they usually like it. it's in solid form and yummy.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
My greyhounds get a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil maybe once a week, I would give it to them more often but I usually forget plus I am a bit low on it at the mo plus it is expensive in NZ.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
What I also meant to say was (but it wouldn't let me edit above) was that I also sometimes rub CO into their coats as one of my boys suffers from dry skin probably due to having no hair on parts of his body, although I think it is probably better taken internally.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Try to buy organic unrefined cold-pressed coconut oil. It is the most pure and beneficial. I gradually worked up to 1 teaspoon at breakfast and 1 teaspoon at dinner for my 55 pound dog.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
i give my dog organic unrefined cold pressed coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, organic ground flax seed and organic flax seed oil.l

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is coconut oil a replacement for fish oil? Or is it like olive oil where there is a different amount/type/etc of omega 3/6/9?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts