Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have never used C&P, however, I have examined the ingredients and I would feed it. Just because I haven't gotten around to trying it, yet, doesn't mean I won't. :smile: It gets good reviews from the Whole Dog Journal, as well. You could do a lot worse than C&P!

L

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody.

So you are feeding exclusively canned. That's a very expensive way to feed because canned food is very expensive. Are you sure you don't want to supplement that with kibble or even pre-made raw?
Yeah, I'm quite aware of how much it costs, thanks. And, yeah, I'm quite certain I don't want to supplement with kibble. Not opposed to pre-made raw, but I don't see how that would be any less expensive than canned.

Any thoughts on this food other than the name they've chosen or whether or not their labeling leaves anything to be desired?

Party Animal Gourmet Organic Pet Food

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Yeah, I'm quite aware of how much it costs, thanks. And, yeah, I'm quite certain I don't want to supplement with kibble. Not opposed to pre-made raw, but I don't see how that would be any less expensive than canned.
Since pre made raw can be expensive, maybe just supplement with raw meaty bones from the store? Its basically the same thing just unprocessed....just a suggestion.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've not heard of the Party Animal brand. Someone suggested it to me on another forum, so I thought I'd ask here. I don't see anywhere that they state where it's made, and that would be my only reservation with trying it. I'm big on only feeding things sourced and made in the US or perhaps Canada.

Supplementing with RMBs is something I'm already doing. We get necks and backs by Primal. I'd like to buy from a local butcher, but the ones around here I've asked have a minimum order and I don't have room for like 100 chicken backs or turkey necks. :)

I really like the Merrick brand, have come to trust it and the only reason I'm looking at C&P or another brand is to change up his food every once in a while.

Ultimately I'd like to prepare a home cooked diet for him but despite having a couple dozen books on the topic, I haven't found anything that's convenient for us and/or that I trust myself to balance properly.

Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Supplementing with RMBs is something I'm already doing. We get necks and backs by Primal. I'd like to buy from a local butcher, but the ones around here I've asked have a minimum order and I don't have room for like 100 chicken backs or turkey necks. :)
Good to hear. If you live near a walmart or even just a regular grocery store, you can find those same meaty bones (chicken leg quarters or bone in thighs, turkey necks, or even pork ribs) for a fraction of the cost you are getting from Primal. And you wouldn't have to buy in bulk.

Ultimately I'd like to prepare a home cooked diet for him but despite having a couple dozen books on the topic, I haven't found anything that's convenient for us and/or that I trust myself to balance properly.

Thanks everybody.
Doing homecooked is MUCH harder to do than just an exclusive raw diet. Not only are you destroying valuable and usable nutrients by cooking meats/veggies/grains/etc, you would have to add in species inappropriate ingredients to balance out nutrients and make sure your dog doesn't have diarrhea. I don't want to go too much into detail about it here (kibble forum) so if you have questions about homecooked/raw send me a PM or start a new thread in the Raw forum or the Dog Food Ingredients forum.

Glad we can help :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts