Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm new to this board. I've been feeding my dogs Orijen for several years now. Lately, I've been reading a lot about the high protein and how a lot of dogs blood tests are coming back with high liver levels. I've had two beagles pass away with in two years one was 12 and other 13. They both died of cancer. They were on Orijen for several years. Though I only had one blood test done on one of them since being on orijen, and it did come back with the liver being a little bit high, but the vet said not bad.

I found out about a new food called Carna4. I looked it up and couldn't believe how expensive it was. I decided to buy a 3 lb bag (which cost me around $30) just to see what this stuff was about. My dogs seemed to really like it (I have a chihuahua who's 12, Shih zue who's 3 and a beagle who's 3) but I don't know if we could afford to feed this food. I'm thinking strongly about stopping the orijen and just trying something else for a while.

Anyone tried this new food?

Any feedback would be great!!:wink:

Michelle~

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I'm new to this board. I've been feeding my dogs Orijen for several years now. Lately, I've been reading a lot about the high protein and how a lot of dogs blood tests are coming back with high liver levels. I've had two beagles pass away with in two years one was 12 and other 13. They both died of cancer. They were on Orijen for several years. Though I only had one blood test done on one of them since being on orijen, and it did come back with the liver being a little bit high, but the vet said not bad.

I found out about a new food called Carna4. I looked it up and couldn't believe how expensive it was. I decided to buy a 3 lb bag (which cost me around $30) just to see what this stuff was about. My dogs seemed to really like it (I have a chihuahua who's 12, Shih zue who's 3 and a beagle who's 3) but I don't know if we could afford to feed this food. I'm thinking strongly about stopping the orijen and just trying something else for a while.

Anyone tried this new food?

Any feedback would be great!!😉

Michelle~
I just registered with the group, was comparing Origen And Carna4. My chihuahua has chronic UTI, and has to be low in protein and some other vitamins. I want to try Carna4, what was your feedback of this food ? Thanks in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts