Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering I can admit the amount of sleep lost and general time and stress doing dog food research has probably taken years off of my life :biggrin:

I'm always excited to learn more about dog nutrition in order to do the best possible for my kids. I don't feel the need to go into a tremendous amount of personal detail as much of it is visible either on my profile or signature, but if you do have a burning question about me, just ask.

I currently feed a mix of kibble, raw, canned and home cooked. My dogs are in peak health, stools are wonderful, and my 7 year old Sheltie has a flourishing performance career and not one gray hair anywhere. He looks like he's 3.
Kibbles used- TOTW, NV Instinct Duck, Orijen, Evo (after these bags are gone, however, no more. Darn P+G takeover :frown:)

Raw used- Primal Frozen raw diets. NV Frozen raw diets. Raw Meaty bones.

Canned- Evangers

Home cooked- depends. I buy most of their meat from whole foods, all natural and organic. We usually use lamb, bison, duck, or chicken, and add sweet potato or some other types of veggies.

I look forward to jumping into the discussions here and asking a myriad of questions, in addition to offering advice to others if need be.

-Shayne

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you'll get good info here.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Hello and welcome! I hope you find all that you've been looking for here! Tons of helpful and experienced people here willing to help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! Sara, that is my Donnie. He is such a special guy.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
welcome and your profile sheltie is magnificent looking...

i too spent many hours researching and reading.....and finally, i was directed here....thankfully :)

L

·
0 Posts
....... I currently feed a mix of kibble, raw, canned and home cooked. My dogs are in peak health, stools are wonderful, and my 7 year old Sheltie has a flourishing performance career and not one gray hair anywhere. He looks like he's 3.
Same here! (and glad I'm not the only one who feeds like that.) I have a 6 year old Lab, 4 year old Shepherd Mix, and 7 month old Golden. Everyone thinks I've got 3 young pups! They are healthy, active, happy, and yeah they do play like puppies!

Welcome aboard! Enjoy!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome, beautiful dog! I understand what you mean by researching taking years off your life! I spend time daily on the computer researching health and nutrition. Its amazing when what you have been taught years ago by experienced and highly regarded mentors is shot to "s**t". Good luck and enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts